Google Analytics

Monday, November 06, 2006

Design: Six Word Lesson Plan

Mark, great idea. Here is my contribution.

This plan is based loosely on the learning hierarchy put forth by Robert Gagne’s Five Learned Capabilities, with specific emphasis on Intellectual Skills, Cognitive strategy and Verbal information. (I know not everyone likes his work but hang with me.)

These six word objectives move the learner up from basic knowledge to complex knowledge and problem-solving, one step at a time. I used a sales context but, really, any context will do.

Use sales jargon in proper context. [Declarative Knowledge]

Apply sales concept to proper situation. [Conceptual Knowledge]

Apply sales rules for overcoming objections. [Rules Knowledge]

Correctly complete a CRM entry screen. [Procedural Knowledge]

Apply principles of good sales communication. [Principles Knowledge]

Solve sales problem, customer won’t buy. or Create successful new sales strategy. (now we are talking business results) [Problem-Solving]

__

Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great way to break this down - people get so bogged down in the language of writing learning outcomes, that they actually lose sight of what the student is actually learning. Love the simplicity of this!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I enjoy your blog! I am an aspiring Instructional Designer, and find your entries useful. Thanks.

Karl Kapp said...

Selma,

Hi back. Thanks for taking the time to let me know you enjoy the blog. I appreciate the feedback and that you took the time from "lurking"-- reading a blog but not adding comments--and added a comment.

Thanks again, and I welcome any future comments
Karl