Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Virtual Book Tour (VBT) Extends into Week 4

The book tour is just about wrapping up and it has been a blast for me. Rarely do authors get any real feedback on their work and rarely are they given the opportunity to partake in discussions about their books with engaged people from the field...a recap entry of the tour is in the works.

This tour has given me a great opportunity to learn more about what people think of the boomer/gamer knowledge gap and some great ideas on what to do about the gap. I have gained a lot from the tour experience. Thank you to all who participated!

As an added bonus we are extending into week 4 as Lisa Neal at eLearn Mag did an interview with me called Five Questions for Karl M. Kapp where I briefly discuss the book and other thoughts about Gadgets, Games and Gizmos.

For a more in depth interview, check out my discussion with Shalin in a post called Q&A with Dr. Karl M. Kapp where she asks about the influence of my two gamers boys on the book and my recent work in learning and some other great questions.

Also, Tom Haskin added another posting about the book called Using our sense of wonder...a wonderful post :)

And finally, although the site has been dormant for a little while, I managed to find a rare e-learningguru.com artifact...a brief three page summary of Gadgets, Games and Gizmos for Learning. You'll want to check that out as well...and forward on to your friends.

Ok, one more thing, I am continuing my discussions with Brent Schlenker over at Corporate E-Learning Strategies and Development for several weeks so stop over on Brent's site and you can have a listen to our discussions. We certainly have fun with our talks. __

Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

No comments: