Google Analytics

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Training Magazine Closes and Now, it appears, So Do the Conferences

Just got this in an email:

Regrettably, we have some unfortunate news to share with you: The Nielsen Company has made the decision to cease operation of Training magazine and Training magazine Events effective February 26. This will also be our last day with the company.

For those of you scheduled to present at our upcoming Training Leadership Summit, we hope that a buyer will step in to continue the brand and that the Summit will go on as planned. You will be notified as soon as we have word.

It has been a privilege working with you and we wish you continued success. Leah and I have worked on this brand for a combined 41 years and many of you have been like family to us. We’d like to leave you with a line from the final episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show…"I just wanted you to know that sometimes I get concerned about being a career woman. I get to thinking my job is too important to me, and I tell myself that the people I work with are just the people I work with. And not my family. And last night, I thought, 'what is a family, anyway?' They're just people who make you feel less alone...and really loved. And that's what you've done for me. Thank you for being my family.”

Julie Groshens
Conference Program Director
The Nielsen Company

Leah Nelson
Senior Conference Program Manager
The Nielsen Company

And I would just like to say "THANK YOU" to Leah and Julie who were a pleasure to work with, professional and committed individuals!
__

Bookmark and Share
Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets
Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

1 comment:

Jane Bozarth said...

I hate this and hope those great girls land somewhere wonderful. And I'm pretty sure one of these events is where I first met...Karl Kapp.

See my own farewell to "Training" at http://bozarthzone.blogspot.com

Best,
Jane