Google Analytics

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More on Good Presentations: Shout Out to Mike DePalma

One of the pleasures of my job is seeing students create really neat and wonderful things and then having them point me to the latest software and web gadgets that make the creation possible. In fact, I am blogging today because of student named Waleed .

So the other day Mike DePalma, a student I have in my Managing Multimedia Projects class showed me a project he did for another class.
Image from Mike's Online Learning Book.


This project was to create a learning package to teach someone how to do a presentation. It is a pretty impressive educational package and...just as exciting is the software viewer he uses, called issuu which basically creates a page turning document online. And he provides great information on how to give a good presentation complete with checklists, examples and resources.

Neat stuff...maybe not that great for a small screen or monitor but still a lot more exciting than my Kindle.

So check out Mike's Designing Presentations here.
__

Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets
Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this excellent webware with us. Mike's presentation is very interesting. I'll explore further. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry that I was a little behind on your posts so I just learned about Issu today. That does sound very exciting. It allows the creator to maintain the look of the original document without the fuss of requiring the reader to open and download the PDF document. I don't see any way to print from the document, but that could be solved by posting the original PDF document. Thanks for sharing this tool.