Google Analytics

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Books to Consider Reading for the Gamer/Boomer Knowledge Gap

Currently, I am working a course looking at the net-generation and how teaching and training can be crafted to more effectively reach that generation through the use of collaboration tools, integration of technology into the classroom and leveraging of Web 2.0 technologies to foster self-discovery and peer learning as well as the use of cutting edge technologies like 3D learning environments. (I call them MMOLEs)

The focus of the course involves exploring methods of bridging the gap between traditional teaching methods and those necessary to reach the digital learners.

So in the course of preparing to write that course, I have begun to gather some literature and, if you still have some vacation time this summer, here are some books that you might consider reading that are related to the topic.




This is by no means a comprehensive list...it's just a start. But if you want to get some good last minute summer reading done on the topic of the upcoming baby boomer brain drain and the need to transfer knowledge to the gamer generation then this list will give you a good start...more recommendations later.

Finally, if you'd like to have me conduct a workshop at your organization on this topic, please let me know. Many organizations are beginning to explore this issue and I have been speaking quite a bit on methods for bridging the boomer/gamer knowledge gap.
__

Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of those books look interesting to me...I'll wander over to my local BAM and see I if I can't find one or two today...

Thanx & great blog!

Jacksonville NC Real Estate

Anonymous said...

This is going to be such a cool course when you and Natalie get done with it. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

Have fun at SALT!

Karl Kapp said...

Christy,

Thanks, I am really enjoying the development of it and look forward to seeing Christy in person at SALT.