Google Analytics

Friday, May 11, 2007

Out and About: Presentation at ASTD Mid-NJ Chapter

Here is a picture of the great folks from the ASTD Mid-NJ chapter. The photo is taken from the presenter's perspective.
Last night I had the pleasure of speaking to the Mid-NJ Chapter of ASTD on one of my favorite topics “Gadgets, Games and Gizmos for Learning.”

It was a great event. I got to see a former students, CAC members, meet people whom I’d only spoken to on the phone and got to meet again Steve Woodruff whom I met at SPBT last year and with whom I’ve corresponed a number of times. Actually, Steve arranged to have me speak at the meeting.

The audience asked great questions, made good points and made me think about some of the assumptions in my presentation…a great success all the way around.

You can link to a write up on the even from the Mid-MJ ASTD blog at an entry calledTraining the Gamer Generation

You can read Steve’s impressions of the events on his Impactiviti blog with an entry of the same name called Training the Gamer Generation

Several attendees asked about downloading the sides from the presentation. You can download the Games, Gadgets, and Gizmos: Transferring Knowledge from Boomers to Gamers slides here.

If you attended the event, please drop a note or comment. It would be great to have you contribute to this blog.
__

Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

2 comments:

Clark Aldrich said...

Nice job. I wish I was in the audience!

Karl Kapp said...

Clark,

Thanks, it was a fun presentation and a great group of people.

Karl