- Veterans, Silent, Traditionalists (born between 1922 and 1945)
- Baby Boomers (born between 1946-1964)
- Generation X, Xers (born between 1965 and 1980)
- Generation Y, Millennial, Echo Boomers, Gamers (born between 1981 and 2000)
There are a number of really great charts in the article and some interesting comments. Here is Hammill's take on the core values of each group.
- Veterans, Silent, Traditionalists---Respect for authority, Conformers, Discipline
- Baby Boomers---Optimism, Involvement
- Generation X, Xers---Skepticism, Fun, Informality
- Generation Y, Millennial, Echo Boomers, Gamers--Realism, Confidence, Extreme Fun, Social
And here is how he sees each group dealing with money:
- Veterans, Silent, Traditionalists---Put it away, Pay cash
- Baby Boomers---Buy now, pay later.
- Generation X, Xers---Cautious, Conservative, Save, save, save
- Generation Y, Millennial, Echo Boomers, Gamers---Earn to spend.
So do you fit any of the categories? Is he "right on" or off-base?
Recommended Games and Gadgets