Google Analytics

Friday, June 04, 2010

Great Time at Innovations in eLearning Symposium

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to present a workshop at the Innovations in eLearning Symposium. I've been to this conference once before and find it to be energetic, exciting, innovative and informative. You get to meet and interact with all kinds of people and learn about all kinds of bubbling ideas and concepts within the field.

Last time I attended was two years ago.

This year I co-presented a workshop titled Strategies for Enterprise Learning in Virtual Worlds with Dan Bliton a Learning Strategist at Booz Allen Hamilton and, again, had a wonderful time. You can see the resources for that presentation at 3D Slideshow and Interviews.

Dan Bliton and Karl Kapp relax after presenting virtual world workshop.

Traveling to conferences also gives me a chance to catch up with alumni. I got to see Brad who was in Colorado for a while and is now back on the East Coast. It was good to see him and hear about the work he is doing.

Karl and Brad talk about old times in Bloomsburg 
University's Instructional Technology Program.

I also got to see David Metcalf for a minute at lunch, as well as a brief hello to Aaron Silvers and a short discussion with Chris St.John and Jay Allen. I also met @busynessgirl whom I've corresponded through tweets many times and with whom I had my picture taken. And had some really insightful and provocative questions posed by Nada Dabbagh and I spoke briefly with Kevin Clark who is the director for the Center for Digital Media, Innovation and Diversity and who is using Gadgets, Games and Gizmos for Learning
in a survey course...Kevin you are awesome!

@kkapp and @busynessgirl pose for a picture.

All in all a great conference, you can catch the tweets at #iel2010
__




Bookmark and Share
Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets Recommended Games and Gadgets Recommended Books Content Guide

No comments: