- 2009 U.S. Training Expenditures (including payroll and spending on external products and services) was $52.2 billion (a 7% decrease from last year)
- 41% of organizations plan on purchasing online learning tools and systems in the next year.
- Payroll was $32.9 billion, about a $1 billion dollar overall loss from 2008.
- 47% of organizations surveyed reported a decrease in training budgets this year.
- Companies spent $1,036 per learner this year ($1,075 in 2008).
- Small companies (10-999 employees) spent about 33 hours of training per employee in 2009.
- Midsized (1,000 to 9,999 employees) spent about 29 hours of training per employee in 2009.
- Large (10,000 or more employees) spent about 33 hours of training per employee in 2009.
- 1.5% of companies are using social networking or mobile training methods.
- 47% of training hours are delivered by a stand-and-deliver instructor in a classroom setting.
- 18.5% use online or computer-based technologies for their training delivery.
- $306,178 was the average expenditure for training outsourcing
Monday, November 23, 2009
Here are some interesting statistics from TRAINING.