- US organizations spent $134.07 billion on employee learning and development in 2008.
- $88.59 billion was spent on the internal learning function
- $45.48 billion was allocated to external services
- Average annual expenditure per employee fell 3.8% from 2007 to $1,068
- The figure for learning expenditure as a percentage of payroll was 2.24% a small increase from 2007.
- The average number of employees per learning staff member was 253
Friday, November 06, 2009
ASTD, recently released their State of the Industry Report. Here are a few highlights.