Google Analytics

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Higher Education Bubble Post Sparks Reactions and Affirmations


Image from the website Texas Higher Ed a
 project from the Texas Public Policy Foundation

My post The Higher Education Bubble Continues to Grow sparked a number of interactions and posts.

First, Daniel Christian pointed me to his interesting and thought provoking post titled The forthcoming Walmart of Education.

He also pointed me to an interesting presentation that highlights what is wrong with higher education and  some solutions. You should check it out How to Not Only Survive, But Thrive in the Future.

Next, Stephen Downes writes of the bursting of the higher education bubble in his posting The Higher Education Bubble Continues to Grow:
I have long affirmed that such a crisis is coming and that it would arrive very suddenly after being years in the making. It is now very close - within a matter of months. 2010 some time, maybe (at the outside) 2011, at least in North America. Funding will dry up, there will be significant staff reductions, institutions will merge or close, and administrators will be desperate for alternatives. Not just in education, but education will be very hard hit, and at all levels
Additionally, Tom Haskins not only confirms the bubble but offers some much needed solutions in his posting Making College Affordable. He also has a great series of postings called Why Are College Costs Soaring? at his Clues to the College Blues blog.
__

Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets
Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sir,

Your website is very much interesting; I am your favorites. Also I follow your website.

http://www.cemap-training.com/

I have been maintaining this website for more than a year.

View my favorite’s website

My site deals with current news and information on Financial Education, Mortgage broker education, CeMAP courses, Home study CeMAP courses, and CeMAP Training.

I have got many back links for my site http://www.cemap-training.com/ from related sites.

So if you could provide me a link to my site, it will be much more useful for user and young school and college students.

Around 10,500 visitors daily visits my site. So it will be highly benefited for your sites also.

It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://www.cemap-training.com/ in your blog so that it can benefit our visitors.

My site details:

Title: CeMAP, CeMAP training

URL: http://www.cemap-training.com/



Email id: cemapedu@gmail.com

Hope you would add my site.

Please respond to me for this mail.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Shijina