With all this talk about economic disaster, I thought I'd offer some "free e-learning stuff" to help make your day/week/month a little brighter. If we all posted a few free things then each of us could benefit each other and expand our own knowledge as well as others...a silver lining in this gray economic cloud.
- Free Online Book titled "E-Learning Concepts and Techniques". Created by students in Bloomsburg University's Instructional Technology Program.
- Whitepaper titled "Designing Instruction to Teach Principles (Softskills)".
- First chapter of Gadgets, Games and Gizmos for Learning.
- Interview transcript of discussion with Clark Aldrich.
- Book summary of E-Learning Solutions on a Shoestring : Help for the Chronically Underfunded Trainer by Jane Bozarth. Jane also recommends Wiggio. Jane has been an advocate of free stuff in e-learning for some time. Check out her blog on the topic. Also, via Jane check out the slide show 101 Free Learning Tools which originally appeared at ZaidLearn.
- Presentation on Avoiding Death by PowerPoint.
- Play the game Free the Roadrunner.
- Aggregated feeds from a group of blogs focused on Learning.
- Of course you also have gmail, Twitter, Wikispaces, Facebook, Ning and a host of cool Web 2.0 tools. Take some time to explore them and enjoy the fact that they are free.
Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets
Recommended Games and Gadgets