Google Analytics

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Newspaper Article--Great Comment

Last week, I was interviewed by our local newspaper, The Danville News about my book, Gadgets, Games and Gizmos for Learning and yesterday, the article appeared on the front page of the paper (remember, its a local newspaper.)

I think the reporter for the newspaper did a fantastic job with a balanced, fair story and an accurate description and recording of the interview. (So a shout Out to Jamie for great work.)

If you like, you can check out the article Author: Games help children learn: New titles can be used to train adults for workforce and decide for yourself.

But what really had an impact on me was an email sent to me by a local teacher in response to the article.

The teacher writes:
I read your article in the Daily Item today and I thought it was great. I am a teacher at [a local school] and I am a big supporter of bringing technology into the classroom. I hope that your article will speak to those teachers that are reluctant to see technology, especially video games, as a hindrance to education. I think that games and many other forms of technology could enhance education and make school much more enjoyable, especially for students who would rather not be here. While I did not write a book on the subject I did do a paper on it this fall and used some of the same examples and sources that you used. Thank you again for all you are doing by helping people understand the benefits of technology

No...thank you. You are on the front lines using technology to make a difference every day in the lives of kids. You deserve the thanks and I hope the parents and administrators understand and appreciate what you are doing for these kids. Keep up the great work blending education and technology!
__

Recommended Games and Gadgets
Recommended Books
Content Guide

No comments: