Why are simulations and virtual worlds so effective for learning? Here are some possible answers. These environments allow:
- Practice of real world skills with rich feedback in a safe environment that does not impact real processes or customers.
- Mastery of a technique, behavior or method through guided rehearsals again and again as many times as is needed.
- An emotional connection of the learning event to the learner because of the realistic and immersive nature of the environment.
- The learning to be embedded in the proper context by providing a simulation of the actual environment in which the employee or learner will be working.
- Ability to practice skills and interactions when and wherever an individual has access to a computer.
- Individualized instruction as a person progresses through the simulation at his or her own pace (This can be created in a virtual world environment as well as in a simulation).
- Ability for geographically dispersed learners to meet together in a virtual environment to role-play, conduct meetings, and exchange information. (This is more appropriate in virtual worlds.)
Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets
Recommended Games and Gadgets