Google Analytics

Friday, October 01, 2010

MOVING to a NEW LOCATION

I've been blogging at Blogger since 2006, it is hard to believe that I have been blogging for so long. I've met great people through blogging, increased my own personal learning tenfold, stirred up some controversy a few times and enjoyed sharing some of my knowledge with others.

But...as of Monday, October 4th, I will be moving to a new location. I have been asked by Kaplan-EduNeering to blog on their site. After some discussion and soul searching about autonomy vs. resources to re-do the site and to subsidize my efforts, I have decided to blog at a new Kapp Notes location which is
http://www.kaplaneduneering.com/kappnotes/

It is going to be AWESOME! Kaplan-EduNeering has been doing some great work in the area of e-learning related to compliance training and is constantly pushing in new directions like social networking, game-based learning and some other innovative ideas.

I am going to continue to blog just the way I have always been blogging on just the topics and subjects I want to blog about. In fact, Kaplan-EduNeering moved all four years of my blog posts to the new site so all the information is in a single location and created category titles on the top of the page for easy and quick searching...we'll be refining as we go along.


Occasionally, I'll let me readers know about some of the things happening in with Kaplan-EduNeering but primarily I will be doing the same thing...just at a better designed site with more resources.

So, starting on MONDAY change your bookmarks, links and RSS feed to my new virtual address


http://www.kaplaneduneering.com/kappnotes/

We are still doing some work on the new site but it promises to provide more information at your finger tips and is a little easier to navigate and they are even making me a "Kapp Notes" icon/button.

Please join me over at the new Kapp Notes over at Kaplan-EduNeering.

__
Bookmark and Share
Catalog of Recommended Books, Games and Gadgets Recommended Games and Gadgets Recommended Books Content Guide

2 comments:

ZaidLearn said...

Hi Karl,

Congratulations on moving :)

However, I would recommend that you have both sites running concurrently.

You don't need to choose :)

It is not much extra work (updating and following), and it might come a time when you want your independence back again :)

Just some reasonable advice.

Anyway you are RSS already, so whatever I am still going to enjoy your ideas and wisdom :)

Have a great weekend and again congrats on the new house.

Let's hope you don't get silly curfews :)

Cheers!

Karl Kapp said...

Zaid,

Thanks, that is good advice, I was fortunate that they moved over all my old stuff. I was thinking of going to my ten most popular posts and indicating about the new site in case people linked directly. But having two is not a bad idea.